Experienced Medical Assistant Bilingual
Primary Care busy medical office in Skokie has an immediate position of Certified Medical Assistant available for the right person. The main skills should be in primary care and nice to have hands-on in gynecology and pediatrics.
Multilingual is advantage
– competitive wage and benefit package- health insurance, dental, vision (your spouse can be covered as well),
– paid vacation,
– paid holidays
– sick days
Duties of the Position:
– Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider.
– Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients’ charts.
– Draws and collects blood samples from patients, verifies records and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. May prick finger to draw blood.
– Performs EKG, injections, audiograms, pediatric and adult vaccinations
– Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, instruments sterilization, etc.)
– Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies as directed by a physician.
– Prepares and administers medications as directed by a physician.
– Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
– Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician or physician assistant
– Ensures all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
– Keeps exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintains instruments, prepares sterilization as required
– Takes telephone messages and provides feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
– Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
– Performs general maintenance of the facility and office equipment.
– A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
– Performs other duties as required.
– Reports to a supervisor or manager.
Position Requirements:Requires a high school diploma and medical assistant certificate and experience in a related field. Type 40 words per minute with accuracy. Possess the tact required for work situations that involve dealing with patients to secure payment of delinquent accounts. Possess the tact to work effectively with patients, physicians and other employees in the environment. Possess a preference for dealing with people who are ill and need help. Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
High school or equivalent
Medical Assistant: 2 years
Required license or certification:
Job Type: Full-time
Russian Speaking Front Desk Receptionist
Multi-profile very busy medical office in Skokie, IL has immediate position of EXPERIENCED front desk receptionist / secretary.
Part time, turning into full time position.
MUST HAVE FLUENT RUSSIAN and ENGLISH!!!
Receptionist duties:- Make appointments for the doctors, assist and direct patients.- Typing and filing.Insurance verifications. Answer, take messages and redirect phone calls.- Helping with office duties.
Medical office front desk experience.
Education:High school graduate or GED with US applicable work experience.
Good starting salary based on experience.
Call 847-329-0471 or send us email with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time